Douglas County Fire District 2 held its 34th Annual Firefighter Appreciation and Awards Banquet on February 10, 2018 and recognized several employees for dedication and service.
Lt. Mitchell Williams and Division Chief Ron Roy served as masters of ceremony with Fire Chief Dave Baker delivering a year-in review.
The following top honors were awarded during the ceremony:
- Retiring firefighters Rafael Martinez (27 years) and Jim Cox (21 years) for their dedication to the District and the community.
- A special award of appreciation to former Assistant Chief/Fire Marshal Brian Brett for redefining the Life Safety and Public Education programs.
- Lts. Kyle Dennis and Dave Burdett accepted the award for Platoon A for receiving the most calls and attending the most drills.
- Chief’s Company Awards went to Tanner Brender, hydrant man; Teddy Martin, nozzle man; Dave Burdett, engineer; and Lt. Mitchell Williams, company officer.
- Years of service awards: firefighter Loren Baltrusch and firefighter Billy Turner, 5 years; firefighter Shane Flatness, 10 years; Capt. Sean Clarke and Capt. Seth Ellis, 15 years; Division Chief Ron Roy and Lt. Dave Burdett, 25 years.